Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Johnny Appleseed

Tray and I making applesauce
we had so much fun together and it was nice to have a little break from the other two!!
If you cock your head to the side you will see a fun picture of Tray and I

Miss Smith's Kindergarten class
Look at all those fun hats that we made
fun fun
So this is funny Tray had all his work done early and he went and sat on his square and read a book, all by himself!
Here is a closer look
Here he is doing his work sheet
Ali cutting her butterfly
Matt concentrating
Work station
Matt was put on the spot and asked to give the story about Johnny Appleseed, if you ask me I think he missed his calling! He was great!
Listening so intently
Book time
Recessssssss


fun
swinging and having a blast


Matt sitting at his table.
"If you listening put your hands on your head"
Tray stirring the apples
all finished chopping the apples
Tray and behind Miss. Smith's Mom (applesauce maker)
Sarah and Nicole
Trays table group
Making Johnny Appleseed hat (a pot on his head)


another table group
Kids having fun
paper sac puppet at Lori's table
Carpet time
Morning Class
Getting ready for circle time!

Tray came home from school reciting songs, poems, and finger play stories that all had to do with "Johnny Appleseed" I was so exited that he was learning all these fun songs! Tray's teacher sent home a paper a few weeks later asking if she could get some parents to help them on the day they were going to be making Applesauce for their Johnny Appleseed unit!!! I jumped at the chance to go and thanks to Violet's preschool and a babysitter I was able to go.


I remember when I was little and my mom would help in my class room and she worked as a "Noon Duty Lady" where she would watch the kids at recess and I LOVED IT! One of my favorite memories was when she would buy us bags of popcorn on 25 cent popcorn day and we would eat it together. It was always fun that they had a surprise at the bottom of the popcorn bag mmmmmmm. gummy bears:) I really want to be there for my kids as much as I can.

No comments: